Register

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Victor Street, Grimsby
N.E. Lincolnshire
DN32 7QN
01472 349917
The History of the Ice House Christian Centre
The conversion of the old Grimsby Ice house (which was originally built in 1929 as an ice manufacturing plant for the Grimsby fishing fleet) into the Christian Centre commenced in 1977 and was completed in 1980. The original building was a two storey construction, the roof was raised and a third floor was added which became a 700 seating auditorium.
 
From 1980 to 2006 the Christian Centre utilised the top floor and part of the bottom floor, this area contained the main auditorium, restaurant, several function rooms, a book/gift shop and library. Over the years there have been many events, missions and ministries held at the centre for which we give all the praise and thanks to our Heavenly Father. We also thank him for all the past and present faithful volunteers and staff who have served in this ministry over the past 30 years.
 
In 2006 the trustees made the decision to redevelop and modernise the centre and establish new resources, facilities and services all on the ground floor. Thus enabling the Local Church to better serve and relate the Good News of Jesus Christ to today’s generation and culture. This work has been completed and the Centre was re-launched in May 2009.
Genesis 1:1-5 (New International Version)
 
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

 

Display Options
Close Display Options